The first step to joining the study is to complete the questionnaire; either online, through the call centre or with your study nurse.
To join the study you should:
- be aged 50-74 years.
- be male
- Live in NSW, Vic, SA or WA
- Have a waist circumference of 95cm or more. If you wear over a size 38 in pants you will most likely meet this requirement but the best way to check is to measure your waist (with clothes off). Some men who wear smaller pants (eg 34 or 36) will also meet this requirement.
- Have no history of prostate cancer
- Had no stroke or TIA (transient ischemic attack) in the past 3 years
- Had no major cardiovascular event in the past 6 months
- Have blood pressure lower than 160 / 100 at rest.
These are the main requirements but the questionnaire will go into more detail to check whether or not the study could suit you.
If you have any questions or would like to join please feel free to call us on 1300 825 498 or email [email protected].